Central Institute for the Deaf
St. Louis, MO
Capital and Endowment Campaign
Founded in 1914, Central Institute for the Deaf (CID) is a truly remarkable organization, transforming the lives of thousands of children who are deaf and hard of hearing. A global leader in deaf education, CID helped mark its Centennial in 2014 by launching a $25 million capital and endowment campaign with the expertise of Rubin & Associates.
Making Conversations Happen supported scholarships, teacher education and curricula development—in St. Louis, throughout the region and around the world.
How We Helped
Michael D. Rubin & Associates consultants Michael Rubin and Amy Cole Buehler took a hands-on approach, guiding the staff and board through every phase of the campaign process:
- Crafting the campaign plan
- Setting a rational and defined campaign goal
- Developing a compelling case for support
- Identifying and training campaign chairs and key leaders
- Researching and preparing for lead gift solicitations, including joining in the ask
- Cultivating, recognizing and stewarding donors
In December 2015, the campaign exceeded its $25 million goal, thanks to the generosity of outstanding donors, a dedicated Board and stellar professional staff.
From the Client
“I’m finally sitting down to thank you for all you did to make our campaign such a huge success! You make it look so easy–keeping track of every donor, every detail, providing guidance and strategies that are always targeted, thoughtful and spot-on. You were seamlessly part of our team and leading our efforts – and always encouraging us every step of the way. Thank you for your wonderful leadership and friendship!”
– Robin Feder, CFRE, Executive Director