St. Louis, MO
FEASIBILITY STUDY AND CAMPAIGN
The only “A to Z” resource in the region for children with learning disabilities, Miriam helps students who are struggling in school unlock their potential. Miriam reaches over 1,000 students annually through its comprehensive services. Following a successful campaign in 2012, Miriam hired Rubin & Associates to conduct a feasibility study to assess the possibility of a $10 million campaign for an addition to the school building to accommodate a growing middle school, and for an endowment.
How We Helped
Rubin & Associates conducted a feasibility study to:
- Assess attitudes toward the campaign plans
- Determine the potential for support
- Identify campaign volunteer leaders
- Assess staff and systems needs to support the campaign
Following the study, we provided counsel to support multiple aspects of the campaign.
- Generated wealth analytics for donor base
- Provided prospect research, strategy, talking points for lead gift solicitations
- Developed gift table
- Strategized approaches to secure two key challenge grants
- Helped staff Campaign Cabinet
- Created campaign timetable
The feasibility study revealed strong interest in expanding the middle school as well as establishing a new high school to address an unmet demand for students with multiple learning challenges. Rubin & Associates worked with Miriam to complete a successful $10 million campaign to launch a new high school, Miriam Academy, expand the middle school, and make other facilities accommodations such as a weather-safe area and new roof. Rubin & Associates also played an important role as campaign counsel through the effort.
FROM THE CLIENT
“Michael helped us with two successful campaigns. Thanks to his leadership and guidance, we were able to expand our services even more than anticipated. Michael helped us stay focused on our objectives and reach our goals with confidence.”
— Andy Thorp, Former Executive Director