Since 1941, the USO has served as a nonprofit organization that receives no direct government funding, but relies solely on the generosity of the American people. The USO of Illinois touches the lives of more than 318,000 Active Duty, Guard and Reserve military and military families throughout Illinois, providing over 300 programs and services that enhance lives and raise morale through unique recreational, educational, and cultural opportunities.
With its centers in dire need of modernization to meet the needs of 21st century soldiers and families, and with interest in providing military transition programs, the board and leadership team identified funding priorities. They also wanted to know how much could be raised in a special campaign to meet these needs.
Rubin & Associates conducted a campaign feasibility study to:
- Draft a compelling case for support and test donor reactions
- Determine how much could be raised
- Discover lead gift prospects
- Identify the strongest volunteer leaders for a campaign
- Assess readiness of staff, board, and organizational systems
Consultants Michael Rubin and Susan Loiacano guided the staff and board through the campaign process:
- Creating the campaign plan
- Setting the campaign goal
- Developing a campaign collateral materials
- Recruiting campaign chairs and key leaders
- Researching and strategizing lead gift solicitations
- Assisting with event strategy in public phase
- Cultivating, recognizing and stewarding donors