Founded in 1914, Central Institute for the Deaf (CID) is a truly remarkable organization, transforming the lives of thousands of children who are deaf and hard of hearing. A global leader in deaf education, CID helped mark its Centennial in 2014 by launching a $25 million capital and endowment campaign with the expertise of Rubin & Associates.
Making Conversations Happen supported scholarships, teacher education, and curricula development—in St. Louis, throughout the region, and around the world.
Rubin & Associates consultants Michael Rubin and Amy Cole Buehler took a hands-on approach, guiding the staff and board through every phase of the campaign process:
- Crafting the campaign plan
- Setting a rational and defined campaign goal
- Developing a compelling case for support
- Identifying and training campaign chairs and key leaders
- Researching and preparing for lead gift solicitations, including joining in the ask
- Cultivating, recognizing, and stewarding donors