St. Charles, MO
St. Charles Community College (SCC) is a public two-year college in suburban St. Charles County, Missouri. Rubin & Associates was hired by the institution to help strengthen board involvement in fundraising.
How We Helped
Rubin & Associates facilitated two board retreats to:
- Familiarize Foundation and Governing Board members with roles of volunteer leaders and relationship-based major gift fundraising
- Role play “discovery conversations” with potential donors
- Help Board members understand the role of philanthropy in a community college environment
- Assess the readiness of the organization to mount a capital campaign
- Help identify the strategic priorities where philanthropy would provide a margin of excellence
SCC’s Board members became better equipped to serve as advocates on behalf of the institution and gained more confidence in their fundraising roles.
FROM THE CLIENT
“Michael led two informative and interactive retreats that engaged our board leadership and provided us with the tools for stronger board involvement in development.”
— Betsy Schneider, Executive Director, St. Charles Community Foundation