St. Louis Jewish Community Center
St. Louis, MO
Capital and Endowment Campaign
The St. Louis Jewish Community Center “The J” is an interactive multi-generational gathering place which serves people from as young as 6 weeks to more than 100 years within five core service areas: Early Childhood Education, Day and Resident Camp, Culture & Education, Group Social Services (including senior nutrition and inclusion programs) and Fitness & Wellness.
After an extensive strategic planning process, “The J” focused on its most significant needs:
- Replacing 45-year-old facilities at its flagship location in Creve Coeur
- Revitalizing its Chesterfield satellite building; enhancing facilities at its residential camp in Lake of the Ozarks
- Building endowment for long-term viability
How We Helped
As Campaign Manager, Michael Rubin worked aggressively with the Campaign Steering Committee lay leaders and professionals to:
- Develop collateral materials in print and video
- Solicit lead gifts
- Identify, cultivate, solicit major and special gifts
- Establish a donor recognition program
Rubin worked with board members as well as The J Executive leadership and development team, through the “quiet phase” of the campaign. In 2008, the Chesterfield facility completed renovation, in 2009, the new Staenberg Family Complex (Fitness and Wellness building) opened, and in 2010 the renovated Arts and Education Building opened.