Miriam: The Learning Disability Experts
St. Louis, MO
The only “A to Z” resource in the region for children with learning disabilities, Miriam helps students who are struggling in school unlock their potential. Through its three programs, Miriam School, Miriam Academy and Miriam Learning Center, Miriam reaches over 1,000 students annually through its comprehensive services. To best serve its students, the Miriam School wanted to conduct a comprehensive $3.5 million campaign for facilities, scholarships and endowment.
How We Helped
Michael D. Rubin & Associates led the process to raise the funds by:
- Organizing and positioning the campaign
- Establishing a campaign steering committee
- Securing a $250,000 challenge grant
- Assisting with donor strategies including face-to-face solicitations to meet the challenge grant
- Organizing and managing current and alumni parent campaigns
The campaign goal was met three months early and the Miriam School students now enjoy a new gym.
From the Client
“Michael kept us on focus in securing matching funds for a Mabee Foundation challenge grant. He helped with donor strategies and research, making sure we spent time soliciting gifts that would produce the greatest return. Michael served as an extra pair of hands and extension of our staff. The campaign success gave us confidence to launch a much larger effort five years later.”
– Andy Thorp, Executive Director